Login | Join | Write a Review
Add Your Business | Login to the Business Center
What? (e.g. Mobile Home Communities or Yoga)
Where? (e.g. Islandia, NY or 11749)

Smelterville, Idaho - Consulate & Foreign Government Represent search results Premier Listings

Consulate and Foreign Government Representative Tips
If you are in need of assistance from a consulate or foreign government representative, consider the following tips:

Tip #1: When Traveling to a Foreign Country, Be Sure you Know Where the Embassy is Located
It is a good idea to locate the American embassy in a foreign country, before you actually travel there. This way when you are on vacation or traveling for business, you will know how to get to a government representative for assistance. These professionals deal with domestic and foreign affairs, and can assist American citizens with some problems or issues.

Tip #2: Be Sure to Have Your Passport Or Visa on You
Any time you travel internationally or to other parts of the world, you will need a passport or visa. This form of identification is very important to have on you at all times. It allows consulate and foreign government representatives to determine your name, age, and what state or country you live in. A government diplomat will likely ask to see a passport if you come to him or her for assistance.

Tip #3: Understand Your Rights In Foreign Lands
Regardless of whether you are spending a year in a foreign land, or you are simply on vacation abroad for a week or two, you must understand your rights. This way when you locate an American or foreign embassy and speak with a government representative, you will know what immediate rights you have. Depending on what type of citizen you are and where you are from, your rights may vary.

Sort By Limit By City Distance
Federal Army Dept of Recruiting Station
2734 1st St, Cheney, WA 99004
(509) 235-4545
United States Government
365 Pleasant Valley Rd, Marion, MT 59925
(406) 854-2282

Each major government needs to have representation in other countries in order to ensure a constant governmental presence. It provides a place where citizens of that country can visit for help or information when they are visiting another country--a safe haven. Consulate and foreign government representatives usually work in an embassy, working on international affairs, political systems, democracy, interpreting, relations with allies, and military presence. Consulates may involve a ministry of affairs, visa renewals, commerce and communication, immigrations, passports, interpreter services, travel and tourism, trade departments, tickets, and contacts. Government foreign representatives may be part of a federal agency, acting as officials and diplomats within a consulate or embassy. Such agents and agencies may also deal with new businesses that want to expand in another country. Such businesses may need permission from the consulate in their home country to introduce new products into a foreign country. Whether for international affairs, official and diplomat work, federal policy, ally relations, or interpreter services, consulate and foreign government representatives can help. Consulates and embassies are typically located in large cities. You can find consulate and foreign government representatives by looking in your local phone book or by searching directory listings. Be specific in your search, using the country, embassy, or consulate you want in the search title. Go online to research what consulate and foreign government representatives do on a daily basis, how to become one, where your consulate offices are located, and how to reach it, both via phone and in person. This is especially important if you are going on vacation in a turbulent country. Scope out where your embassy offices are and make sure you have detailed directions, phone numbers, and contact information.
Related Categories
Nearby Cities
Add your Business
Stop playing hide and seek. Get found and gain traffic with MagicYellow.com