Login | Join | Write a Review
Add Your Business | Login to the Business Center
What? (e.g. Recycling Centers or Accident Attorneys)
Where? (e.g. Colebrook, CT or 06021)

Connerville, Oklahoma - Foster Care search results Premier Listings

Foster Care Terms to Know

A variety reasons motivate people and families to adopt a child or children out of orphanages and foster care and raise them as their own children. Among those reasons are the medical inability to have children and a desire to bring the feeling of a family to another individual. Below are some terms to be familiar with when preparing your family for the adoption process.

  • Addiction – The state enslaved to a habit or practice. In many cases the statistics state that a large part of mothers who gave up their children were battling narcotics addictions.
  • Narcotic – Any of a class of substances that blunt the sense, such as alcohol, opium and cocaine. The rate of newborn addictions is startling. Newborn children are born addicted to narcotics because they pick up the drug in the womb from their mother.
  • Clinic – A place for the treatment of nonresident patients at low cost. Often young mothers get treatment and information provided to them about pregnancy as well as giving adoption consent at clinics.
  • Orphanage – An institution or organization for kids without parents.
  • Foster – To bring up or raise. Often foster care is a temporary guardian for kids who are looking for permanent homes and families. For the service they provide foster parents are provided with payments by the state’s child welfare program.
  • Welfare - A governmental agency service that provides funds and aid to people in need including state dependents such as children. Children leave the state welfare program for kids at the age of eighteen nationwide.
    Sort By Limit By City Distance
    Carter County Group Home
    45 Heritage, Ardmore, OK 73401
    (580) 657-4676
    Carter County Group Home I
    516 Frisco Ln, Ardmore, OK 73401
    (580) 226-8020
    Sunshine Group Home
    500 Park St Se, Ardmore, OK 73401
    (580) 226-1998
    Carter County Group Home
    109 Blackberry St, Lone Grove, OK 73443
    (580) 657-4707
    Dillard Group Real Estate
    1800 N Interstate Dr Ste 200, Norman, OK 73072
    (405) 366-7707
    Circle of Care Child S H A R E
    407 S University Blvd, Norman, OK 73069
    (405) 579-1232
    Lighthouse Group Home
    2801 Venture Dr, Norman, OK 73069
    (405) 307-0342
    Ki Bois Group Home Slh
    315 E Blair Ave, Wilburton, OK 74578
    (918) 465-9020
    Mid-Del Group Homes
    314 N King Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73130
    (405) 741-2550
    Mid-Del Group Homes
    608 N Midwest Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73110
    (405) 733-4099
    Mid-Del Group Homes
    711 Small Oaks, Oklahoma City, OK 73110
    (405) 733-0332
    Mid-Del Group Homes
    620 Hedge Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73110
    (405) 733-8592
    Mid Del Group Home
    1540 Republic Cir, Oklahoma City, OK 73110
    (405) 732-8568
    Bair Foundation The
    1601 Greenbriar Pl Ste A, Oklahoma City, OK 73159
    (405) 759-2670
    Pine Mill Group Home
    4045 Pine Mill Rd, Paris, TX 75462
    (903) 737-0543

    Foster care services are generally intended to be short-term housing solutions for children of all ages, who have been displaced from their home. When a minor is made a ward of the government, because they have been given up for adoption or taken away from abusive parents, the child may stay with a foster family on a temporary basis until a permanent housing placement is made. Reunification with the child's biological parents, legal adoption, and permanent transfer of guardianship are all considered permanent placements in the eyes of the government. Minors who have been referred to a foster care agency are usually monitored by a social worker from the human services department in their particular state. This system ensures the child is receiving the proper support, protection, and day-to-day care from an upstanding family until a permanent situation becomes available. Foster parents require state certification, and will usually receive a stipend from the state or from a charitable foundation for their services. While the minor remains in foster care, all legal decisions pertaining to his or her wellbeing is made by the state, via the child protection agency. A child may voluntarily or involuntarily go into foster care for a number of reasons. If the biological parents are undergoing addiction treatment in a rehabilitation program, are deceased, or simply unwilling to care for a minor child, the said minor may then be placed in the private home of a state certified caregiver. If the biological family can overcome their problems and prove that home life has changed for the better, the state may grant reunification.
    Showing Listings 1 - 15 of 24
      next page  
    Related Categories
    Nearby Cities
    Add your Business
    Stop playing hide and seek. Get found and gain traffic with MagicYellow.com