Login | Join | Write a Review
Add Your Business | Login to the Business Center
What? (e.g. Screen Printing or School Supplies)
Where? (e.g. Genesee, PA or 16923)

Hartly, Delaware - Foster Care search results Premier Listings

A Child's Dream
Free For Birth Mothers 24/7. We'll Find Your Baby the Perfect Family.
Foster Care Terms to Know

A variety reasons motivate people and families to adopt a child or children out of orphanages and foster care and raise them as their own children. Among those reasons are the medical inability to have children and a desire to bring the feeling of a family to another individual. Below are some terms to be familiar with when preparing your family for the adoption process.

  • Addiction – The state enslaved to a habit or practice. In many cases the statistics state that a large part of mothers who gave up their children were battling narcotics addictions.
  • Narcotic – Any of a class of substances that blunt the sense, such as alcohol, opium and cocaine. The rate of newborn addictions is startling. Newborn children are born addicted to narcotics because they pick up the drug in the womb from their mother.
  • Clinic – A place for the treatment of nonresident patients at low cost. Often young mothers get treatment and information provided to them about pregnancy as well as giving adoption consent at clinics.
  • Orphanage – An institution or organization for kids without parents.
  • Foster – To bring up or raise. Often foster care is a temporary guardian for kids who are looking for permanent homes and families. For the service they provide foster parents are provided with payments by the state’s child welfare program.
  • Welfare - A governmental agency service that provides funds and aid to people in need including state dependents such as children. Children leave the state welfare program for kids at the age of eighteen nationwide.
    Sort By Limit By City Distance
    Pressley Ridge
    846 Walker Rd Ste 32-1, Dover, DE 19904
    (302) 677-1590
    Children & Families First
    91 Wolf Creek Blvd, Dover, DE 19901
    (302) 674-8384
    Mentor Clinical Care Inc
    8133 Elliott Rd, Easton, MD 21601
    (410) 820-4703
    Carerite Tfc Inc
    29466 Pintail Dr, Easton, MD 21601
    (410) 822-5510
    Chesapeake Group Home
    713 Dover Rd, Easton, MD 21601
    (410) 822-4474
    Loomis Group Home
    412 Old Elk Neck Rd, North East, MD 21901
    (410) 287-6878
    Ethel Y Terrell Group Home
    233 Howard St, Elkton, MD 21921
    (410) 398-8723
    Lindsey Group Home
    1288 W Pulaski Hwy, Elkton, MD 21921
    (410) 398-6716
    Harvest of Hope
    1601 N 2nd St Ste C3, Millville, NJ 08332
    (856) 293-0006
    Oakdale Group Home
    83 Oakdale Dr, Millville, NJ 08332
    (856) 327-8775
    Children & Families First
    2005 Baynard Blvd, Wilmington, DE 19802
    (302) 777-6999
    Baywood Group Home
    2380 Baywood Dr, Vineland, NJ 08361
    (856) 794-9454
    Cumberland County Group Homes
    1246 W Chestnut Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
    (856) 362-5447
    Genoa Group Home
    4800 Genoa Ave, Vineland, NJ 08361
    (856) 691-7027
    Buena Vista Group Home
    106 19th Ave, Milmay, NJ 08340
    (856) 691-0736

    Foster care services are generally intended to be short-term housing solutions for children of all ages, who have been displaced from their home. When a minor is made a ward of the government, because they have been given up for adoption or taken away from abusive parents, the child may stay with a foster family on a temporary basis until a permanent housing placement is made. Reunification with the child's biological parents, legal adoption, and permanent transfer of guardianship are all considered permanent placements in the eyes of the government. Minors who have been referred to a foster care agency are usually monitored by a social worker from the human services department in their particular state. This system ensures the child is receiving the proper support, protection, and day-to-day care from an upstanding family until a permanent situation becomes available. Foster parents require state certification, and will usually receive a stipend from the state or from a charitable foundation for their services. While the minor remains in foster care, all legal decisions pertaining to his or her wellbeing is made by the state, via the child protection agency. A child may voluntarily or involuntarily go into foster care for a number of reasons. If the biological parents are undergoing addiction treatment in a rehabilitation program, are deceased, or simply unwilling to care for a minor child, the said minor may then be placed in the private home of a state certified caregiver. If the biological family can overcome their problems and prove that home life has changed for the better, the state may grant reunification.
    Showing Listings 1 - 15 of 100
      next page  
    Related Categories
    Nearby Cities
    Add your Business
    Stop playing hide and seek. Get found and gain traffic with MagicYellow.com