Login | Join | Write a Review
Add Your Business | Login to the Business Center
What? (e.g. Insurance Agents & Agencies)
Where? (e.g. Beaver, WA or 98305)

Revere, Minnesota - Foster Care search results Premier Listings

Foster Care Terms to Know

A variety reasons motivate people and families to adopt a child or children out of orphanages and foster care and raise them as their own children. Among those reasons are the medical inability to have children and a desire to bring the feeling of a family to another individual. Below are some terms to be familiar with when preparing your family for the adoption process.

  • Addiction – The state enslaved to a habit or practice. In many cases the statistics state that a large part of mothers who gave up their children were battling narcotics addictions.
  • Narcotic – Any of a class of substances that blunt the sense, such as alcohol, opium and cocaine. The rate of newborn addictions is startling. Newborn children are born addicted to narcotics because they pick up the drug in the womb from their mother.
  • Clinic – A place for the treatment of nonresident patients at low cost. Often young mothers get treatment and information provided to them about pregnancy as well as giving adoption consent at clinics.
  • Orphanage – An institution or organization for kids without parents.
  • Foster – To bring up or raise. Often foster care is a temporary guardian for kids who are looking for permanent homes and families. For the service they provide foster parents are provided with payments by the state’s child welfare program.
  • Welfare - A governmental agency service that provides funds and aid to people in need including state dependents such as children. Children leave the state welfare program for kids at the age of eighteen nationwide.
    Sort By Limit By City Distance
    Prairie Community Service
    1115 David Dr, Marshall, MN 56258
    (507) 532-1055
    Hillside Place Adult Foster Care
    852 Lower Johnson Cir, Saint Peter, MN 56082
    (507) 934-6202
    County Government Group Homes
    822 Park Ave Nw, Willmar, MN 56201
    (320) 235-6637
    Nelson Margaret
    1201 Olaf Ave Nw, Willmar, MN 56201
    (320) 214-7572
    Supportive Lifestyles
    814 4th St Se, Willmar, MN 56201
    (320) 231-0098
    Habilitative Services Inc
    209 Grovebrook Cir, Mankato, MN 56001
    (507) 344-0281
    Phoenix Group Home Inc
    227 E Main St Ste 206, Mankato, MN 56001
    (507) 385-0668
    Lutheran Social Services of SD
    621 E Presentation St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
    (605) 221-2346
    Lutheran Social Services of SD
    1609 W 11th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
    (605) 731-2010
    Lutheran Social Services of SD
    705 E 41st St Ste 200, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
    (605) 357-0100
    Horizons Unlimited of Palo Alto County Inc
    2201 21st St, Emmetsburg, IA 50536
    (712) 852-4495
    Horizons Unlimited of Palo Alto County Inc
    1501 Palmer St, Emmetsburg, IA 50536
    (712) 852-4722
    Horizons Unlimited of Palo Alto County Inc
    1901 Pleasant St, Emmetsburg, IA 50536
    (712) 852-4404
    Tadd's Lighthouse Inc
    651 4th St Nw, Richmond, MN 56368
    (320) 597-2661
    Granitewood Home
    850 Oak Ave, Ortonville, MN 56278
    (320) 839-6237

    Foster care services are generally intended to be short-term housing solutions for children of all ages, who have been displaced from their home. When a minor is made a ward of the government, because they have been given up for adoption or taken away from abusive parents, the child may stay with a foster family on a temporary basis until a permanent housing placement is made. Reunification with the child's biological parents, legal adoption, and permanent transfer of guardianship are all considered permanent placements in the eyes of the government. Minors who have been referred to a foster care agency are usually monitored by a social worker from the human services department in their particular state. This system ensures the child is receiving the proper support, protection, and day-to-day care from an upstanding family until a permanent situation becomes available. Foster parents require state certification, and will usually receive a stipend from the state or from a charitable foundation for their services. While the minor remains in foster care, all legal decisions pertaining to his or her wellbeing is made by the state, via the child protection agency. A child may voluntarily or involuntarily go into foster care for a number of reasons. If the biological parents are undergoing addiction treatment in a rehabilitation program, are deceased, or simply unwilling to care for a minor child, the said minor may then be placed in the private home of a state certified caregiver. If the biological family can overcome their problems and prove that home life has changed for the better, the state may grant reunification.
    Related Categories
    Nearby Cities
    Add your Business
    Stop playing hide and seek. Get found and gain traffic with MagicYellow.com