Login | Join | Write a Review
Add Your Business | Login to the Business Center
What? (e.g. Portrait Photographers)
Where? (e.g. Jamul, CA or 91935)

Ipswich, Massachusetts - Justice of The Peace search results Premier Listings

Should a Justice of the Peace Marry You?

There are multiple options when it comes to getting married. Many people get married in a church by a minister, even if they are not that religious. Others choose various unique routes of being married. A Justice of the Peace has the power to bind a couple in holy matrimony. Before taking this step, it is best to familiarize yourself with the terms below to make sure this is the type of wedding you want.

  • Justice of the Peace – A low ranking court judge who can either be elected by the popular vote of chosen by a commission. This position legally gives a person a right to be the officiant at certain ceremonies such as weddings. Other names for this position include magistrate and quasi-judicial official.
  • Civil Marriage – A legally binding commitment agreement that features no religious references. These usually take place at the courthouse.
  • Marriage License – The paperwork you file to make your marriage legal. No matter if you are married by a minister or a judge, a license is necessary and must be signed by the couple, a witness, and the officiant.
  • Elope – This term is often used for any couple who gets married on the spur of the moment or without telling anyone ahead of time. Nuptials at the courthouse are not a drawn out process. It is usually completed within a few minutes. Most of the time the party will only consist of the judge, the couple, and a witness. This is an intimate marriage choice if you do not want a large ceremony.
    Sort By Limit By City Distance
    Jean E. Ellis-LaBossiere
    N/A, Concord, MA 01742
    I am a marriage officiant that provides services to weddings, renewal ceremonies, civil ceremonies, gay and lesbian weddings as well. I service all of MA, Concord, Lexington, Bedford, Boston, Medford
    (978) 371-0873
    Waterside Weddings
    160 Daniel Webster Highway, Nashua, NH 03060
    Congratulations! You are engaged to be married! Your wedding should be your dream come true and together we can make it simple and personal or elegant and custom written just for you.
    (603) 888-6987
    Theresa - Marriage Officiant
    Po Box 1555, Merrimack, NH 03054
    I am available for marriage ceremonies including civil unions and vow renewal. My fee is negotiable. Each couple receives an elegant certificate of marriage created especially for them.
    (603) 377-6855
    MacDonald Frances
    Beverly, MA 01915
    (978) 927-8151
    Digregorio Mary C
    Danvers, MA 01923
    (978) 494-6702
    Digregorio Mary C
    Danvers, MA 01923
    (508) 494-6702
    Bernier Jayne Murray
    Rockport, MA 01966
    (978) 546-9376
    Sica Barbara L
    266 Newbury St, Peabody, MA 01960
    (978) 535-2040
    Costello Nick
    182 Whitehall Rd, Amesbury, MA 01913
    (978) 388-2552
    Gagnon Joseph R
    20 Leblanc Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
    (978) 535-2700
    Macone G J
    52 Summer St, Lynnfield, MA 01940
    (781) 334-3685
    Bevilacqua Maria
    57 Race St, Haverhill, MA 01830
    (978) 373-7017
    An Absolute New Beginning
    6 Andover Ter, Lawrence, MA 01843
    (978) 685-2100
    Thompson Suzanne
    Hampton, NH 03843
    (603) 929-7673
    Nicosia N M
    7 Hull Dr, Saugus, MA 01906
    (781) 231-1887

    The justice of the peace dates all the way back to 1823. This organization is meant to preserve peace, and assist people with a number of procedures. It works like a court with a judge, but there is limited jurisdiction involved. Many people visit the justice of the peace for marriage ceremonies, divorce settlements, law trials, and community issues. The judge works as an officiant and can assist you with a wedding event or trial in your county. There are many reasons why couples and individuals visit the justice of the peace in their county. After all, the judge working there can rule on certain issues. This is a type of community regulation that does not have to take place in a city courthouse or minster. Then again, not just any case can be handled in this type of environment. While the judge does work as an officiant, he or she cannot deal with major felons on trial for serious crimes. In a justice of the peace house, a judge is more likely to represent or deal with cases involving divorce. However, he or she must first have a national license to perform these duties. This is required. If there is a justice of the peace in your area, you can visit this court to learn more about their public records, minster locations, wedding procedures, and officiant duties. It is always prudent to make inquiries that pertain to your individual needs. This way you can better determine if the justice of the peace is right for you.
    Showing Listings 1 - 15 of 100
      next page  
    Related Categories
    Nearby Cities
    Add your Business
    Stop playing hide and seek. Get found and gain traffic with MagicYellow.com